Ledger Blue (Currently Out-of-Stock)
Let us know if you are interested in this product and we will inform you once we know more about availability
Personal security device
Ledger Blue is the most advanced hardware security gear on the market. It boasts multi application execution, and packs enterprise-level crypto-capabilities into a lightweight handheld device designed and crafted in France. It is architected around a Secure Element, featuring a touchscreen and USB & Bluetooth* connectivity.
Ledger Blue: an enterprise grade security device
Ledger Blue is the most advanced hardware security gear on the market. It boasts multi application execution, and packs enterprise-level crypto-capabilities into a lightweight handheld device designed and crafted in France. It is architected around a Secure Element, featuring a touchscreen and USB & Bluetooth connectivity.
A powerful and flexible device
Blue is the latest generation product from Ledger, the result of more than two years of research and development. This high-end device embeds a large touchscreen to securely manage transactions and complex smart contracts. Its slick yet robust casing encloses the best-in-class technology built upon Blockchain Open Ledger Operating System (BOLOS), a powerful and flexible platform.
Packed with hardware features
The Ledger Blue is based on a dual-chip architecture embedding a ST31 Secure Element and a STM32 microcontroller thus achieving a fully isolated environment. It features a LED-backlit color touchscreen to navigate easily and validate transactions. It is powered by a lipo rechargeable battery and communicates with USB or Bluetooth devices.
Designed for multiple secure apps
Thanks to its modular architecture, the Ledger Blue runs multiple dedicated companion apps in full isolation on top of its firmware. The strong security model allows to add new cryptocurrencies or apps without the risk of compromission of the master seed. Transaction integrity is ensured by the WYSIWYS paradigm (What You See Is What You Sign). The flexibility of the device enables enterprise level usage: with all major crypto libraries embedded in the firmware, any type of blockchain can be supportedWhat our technological partners say about the Ledger Blue
Stratumn introduced the concept of “Proof of Process”: a scalable protocol that allows multiple partners to trust a common process, or a workflow, by decoupling the proof of data from the secret data in a way that results in a single contextual proof that spans all the step of a process.
“At Stratumn, we closely partner with Ledger to secure how customers and partners interact with Proof of Process Technology. Their open source SDK allows our team to build application-specific interfaces, making the experience seamless and complete.” — Richard Caetano, CEO Stratumn
Monax Industries (formely Eris Industries) empowers developers to embrace participatory software architecture via distributed computing and smart contract systems. Monax’s products comprise the first platform that allows the full potential of blockchain based technologies to be realized in enterprise. Monax announced a partnership with Ledger regarding hardware security in 2016.
“When deploying enterprise blockchain applications in production, security of digital assets and cryptographic keys is of paramount importance. The Ledger Blue is a powerful and flexible solution for enterprise grade blockchain applications, ensuring integrity of transactions at the endpoint level.” — Casey Kuhlman, CEO Monax
STMicroelectronics is a world leader in providing semiconductor solutions with one of the industry’s broadest product portfolios, notably in hardware security. Ledger announced its collaboration with STM in March 2015 for the design of the Ledger Blue.
“STMicroelectronics’ microcontroller and radio technologies offer a broad range of advanced features including hardware security, reliable connectivity, and low power consumption, allowing Ledger and other partners to create unique and innovative devices that combine banking-grade security with full system openness” — Marie-France Florentin, General Manager, Secure Microcontroller Division, STMicroelectronics
- Cryptographic secrets protected by an EAL6+ Secure Element (ST31G480)
- 3"5 inches color touch screen interface
- BLE 4.1, USB 2.0 FS, NFC (will require firmware update)
- 500mA lipo rechargeable battery
- What You See Is What You Sign (WYSIWYS) security paradigm
- 4–8 digits PIN security lock for identity attestation
- passphrase support
- alternate PIN for plausible deniability
- Built-in onboarding and configuration (seed generation and recovery)
- BIP39 seed standard (12/18/24 words), compatible with all Ledger products
- Certified FIDO U2F (second factor authentication for Google, Github, Dropbox, Dashlane and many others)
- Multi-apps quick launch dashboard
- Ledger Manager: install & remove apps, firmware upgrades
- Strong and durable casing, anti scratch glass
- Enterprise app licensing & support available
Ledger Blue is built upon the BOLOS platform, a powerful and flexible Operating System allowing secure execution of multiple Open Source applications in full isolation. Developers can leverage the SDK to deploy custom applications and use the Blue as a trust device for any kind of use case.
- Bitcoin (COLU, Counterparty support)
- Ethereum (ETH/ETC), tokens & contracts support
- All bitcoin clones: Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash…
- Sidechains (Liquid)*
* in development
- Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome app (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Zcash, Dash)
- Ledger Wallet Ethereum Chrome app (ETH/ETC)
- MyEtherWallet.com (Chrome, Opera, Firefox with U2F extension)
- GreenBits & GreenAddress
- Copay (Chrome app)
- Message Digest: RIPEMD160, SHA224, SHA256, SHA384, SHA512, SHA3, SHA3-XOF, KECCAK
- Cryptography Key, with key generation: DES (64, 128,192 bits), AES (128 bits), ECC (256 bits), RSA (1024, 2048, 3072,4096 bits)
- RSA encryption with PKCS1 v1.5, PKCS1 OEAP, NOPAD schemes
- HMAC Signature: HMAC-SHA256, HMAC-SHA512
- RSA Signature with PKCS1 v1.5, PKCS1 PSS schemes
- Elliptic Curve Signature: ECDSA/EC-Schnorr (SECP256K1, SECP256R1, Brainpool256R1, Brainpool256T1), EdDSA (Ed25519)
- Elliptic Curve Diffie Hellman: ECDH (SECP256K1, SECP256R1, Brainpool256R1, Brainpool256T1, Curve25519)
- Symmetric Cryptography: DES, Triple-DES, AES with ISO9797M1, ISO9797M2, NOPAD schemes
- Random Number Generation: RND, Prime RND (hardware support TRNG)